Housekeeping with Janeen
Here is the best formula for decluttering large overwhelming spaces.
- Remove the easiest things first
- Discard larger items next
- Donate items instead of selling them
- Break your large spaces into smaller bite-sized challenges.
- Tackle one area at a time
- Take breaks
- Work until your bite sized pieces are completed
- Physically touch each item and sort into three piles; keep, remove and relocate
- Organize what’s left. That way the space stays clean manageable and useful.
I hope this helps get everything organized for spring… remember to utilize your local charity shops for places to relocate the items you don’t want to keep.