A Note Maintenance- Alan Morrow
Tasks to continue through the winter!
- Exterior Tasks
- Continue to monitor the roof for any ice dams or damage. Icicles hanging from your roof line is an indication of a poorly insulated attic and a potential ice damn threat.
- For heavy snow years, make sure your roof can sustain the weight. Otherwise, get a roof rake to remove large snow loads.
- Keep large snowdrifts from piling up against your home.
- Use sand or gravel on walkways for traction. Salt/ice-melt is also effective but has a narrow operating temperature range and isn’t very environmentally friendly.
- Keep driveways and walkways clear of snow between storms.
- Maintain your snow removal equipment.
- Interior Tasks
- Monitor windows and doors for drafts.
- During deep cold spells (less than 15 degrees for more than 24 hours) keep all interior doors open to encourage heat circulation.
- Replace your HVAC air filter every three months.